Mitsubishi SA – ASX ES Repositioned…
Following the arrival of the new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, Mitsubishi Motors South Africa has launched its new Compact SUV Range strategy aligning its compact sport utility vehicles on a variety of value points.
“Our new strategy will emphasise the value for money offered by our SUV product range, all coming in at under the R500 000 mark,” says Nic Campbell, General Manager of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa.
The line-up of the Compact SUV range, excluding the full-size SUVs in the range (Pajero, Pajero Sport) is:
- ASX ES M/T
- ASX ES CVT
- Eclipse Cross 2WD CVT
- Eclipse Cross AWD CVT
- Outlander AWD CVT.
The South African range of Mitsubishi vehicles – suited to the unique local landscape and travelling conditions – offers a strong Compact SUV range with the same world-class reliability, style and uncompromising performance as any Mitsubishi vehicle.
“The latest addition to the range, the Eclipse Cross, is a cross-over that fits neatly in a Compact SUV sandwich with the ASX at the bottom and the Outlander on top,” says Campbell. “From a price point of view, our Compact SUV range is quite comprehensive in terms of covering the needs of our customers.”
Incorporating Mitsubishi’s new Dynamic Shield Design for the ASX, the complete Compact SUV range now boasts the same design language. It combines two crucial elements that make up its single unifying identity: protection and performance. The brand-new ASX ES focuses on easy, everyday use and the equivalent value-for-money specification similar to the rest of Mitsubishi Motors’ products, combining adventure with practicality.
- RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) Body Construction
- 7 Airbags
- Side-impact Protection Bars
- Whiplash Injury Reduction Seats
- Brake Pedal Recession Protection
- Collapsible Steering Column
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)
- BAS (Brake Assist System)
- DRL (Daytime Running Lights)
- Hill Start Assist (CVT derivative)
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Rear View Camera
- Speed-sensing Auto Door Lock
- Keyless Operating System
- Electronic Traction Control (CVT derivative)
- 2.0ℓ MIVEC engine offering 110kW of power at 6000rpm and 197Nm of torque at 4200rpm
- EVI Multi-point fuel injection
- 5-speed M/T or 6-speed CVT
- Fuel economy of just 7.5 litres per 100km (M/T) or 7.5 ℓ/100 km for the CVT
- Both models have a 63-litre tank capacity translating into more than 800km of travel on a single tank
- Panoramic glass roof
- Electric power steering with Tilt and Telescopic Adjustable Steering Column
- Multi-function Leather Steering Wheel with Audio and Cruise Control
- Bluetooth with Hands-free Voice Control
- Multi-information Display
- Touch Screen Radio/CD and MP3 Player
- Full Automatic Air-conditioning
- Electric Windows
- USB and Accessory Sockets
The ASX comes with advanced passive and active safety technology and is equipped with a 7-airbag system, for increased safety for every seat. The advanced RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) Body Construction is an all-direction collision safety design. The result is improved safety for all occupants, regardless of impact direction.
Enhancing the ASX’s safety performance, both models are fully equipped with Side Impact Protection Bars, a Collapsible Steering Column, Brake Pedal Recession Protection and Whiplash Injury Reduction Seats.
Other ASX highlights include the boot space (normally 442 litres) that can easily be transformed into an enormous 1193 litres, simply by folding the seats forward. The multi-function steering wheel offers complete control over the built-in Bluetooth and Voice Recognition systems as well as cruise control, while both models also boast a Keyless Operating System with a unique Smart Key that works within a 70 cm radius from the vehicle for easy locking and unlocking. Once inside, the driver can start the engine with the touch of a button.
“Both these units are packed with practical, easy-to-use equipment needed on a daily basis, and can be upgraded with a host of accessories available from any of our dealers nationwide,” says Campbell.
ASX ES M/T – 359 995.00 ZAR
ASX ES CVT – 379 995.00 ZAR
Warranty and service:
The ASX is covered by Mitsubishi’s Manufacturer’s Warranty of 3 years or 100 000km, a 5-year / 90 000 km Service Plan and a 5-year / unlimited mileage Roadside Assistance. Service intervals are every 15 000 km.